Wednesday 26 July 2017

Summer Breeze

My husband's grandmother


This is my final layout for Blue Fern Studios as their fan of the month for July.  It features a photo of  my husband's grandmother, Audrey.

For this layout I used papers from the Garden Life collection.  I used the back of the Calling Cards paper as the background and the back of the Flower Bed paper for the die-cuts.

Blue Fern Studios
Garden Life - Calling Cards


Blue Fern Studios
Garden Life - Flower Bed



I did some random stamping on the background with dark grey ink.

Blue Fern Studios
Tattered Newsprint






These are the chipboard pieces I used:

Blue Fern Studios
Dangled Lace


Blue Fern Studios
Garden Daisies- small

Blue Fern Studios
Layering Stems



I coated the Dangled Lace piece with matte medium, then applied DecoArt white crackle paint. When that was dry, I brushed it with Prima Vausseroux Artisan Power wiping off the excess with a damp cloth and then rubbed it with a bit of Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.






I painted the Garden Daisies grey and then brushed watery white paint over the petals.  I glued a mixture of Prills (Heart of Gold, Orange Juice and Lemon Chiffon) to the center of each flower using Artquest Perfect Paper Adhesive.






I painted the Layering Stems green then applied white glue (Scotch Tacky Glue) to the petals and heat-embossed them with Spiced Marmalade Distress Embossing Powder.






I also used some printed chipboard from Blue Fern Studios' Garden Life and Happy Accident collections.














I used some alphabet stamps with dark grey ink to put the name on the printed chipboard piece.






These are the dies and punch I used:

Spellbinders
Decorative Labels Eight
Cheery Lynn Designs
English Tea Party Doily
Martha Stewart Punch
Eyelet Lace





The clay pieces were made with Sculpey Ultra Light and Molds.


Prima Iron Orchid Designs
Baroque 4
Prima Iron Orchid Designs
Medallions



I sprayed the flourish under the photo with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Screamin' Banshee Black and Mango Mania mists. It was a little too dark so I painted over it with some white paint to tone it down. I also rubbed white paint over the raised areas with my fingertip to bring out the details more.






I brushed the medallion with Prima Vauseroux Artisan Powder and sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang's Mango Mania mist.  I also rubbed over the raised areas with white paint using my fingertip.  I then removed the arms off a brad and glued it into the center of the medallion.





These are the Blue Fern Studios flowers I used:

Blue Fern Studios
Happy Roses





 I inked the edges of the petals with the Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.


Thank you so much for taking a look!

I want to give a big thank you to Blue Fern Studios for picking me as their "Fan of the Month" for July.  I had a wonderful time creating with their beautiful products.

2 comments:

  1. Tracy, you certainly created some beautiful layouts for BFS! This one shows your wonderful artistic talents. The treatments on the chipboard & clay pieces look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.