Friday 22 September 2017

Notre Dame Cathedral

Notre Dame Cathedral in 1996



My husband and I got married in the Fall of 1995 and went on a belated honeymoon to Europe in the Spring of  '96. This is a photo of Notre Dame Cathedral that I took when we were in Paris.



For this layout I used a piece of Blue Fern Studios paper.


Blue Fern Studios
Serendipity - Imagination




I did some stencilling on the background with molding paste.  When the paste was still wet I embossed it with Bright White Wow! embossing powder.  It was a little too bright so I inked over it with turquoise and light brown chalk inks. The background was then splattered with watery turquoise and brown paints.


Kaisercraft
Bloom






I also sprayed the edges of the paper with water and applied some of the watered down turquoise paint to give a soft watercolour effect.






These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Wycinanka
Paris - ramka szyld wzór 2

Wycinanka
Paris -ornamenty



I heat embossed the chipboard pieces with JudiKins Rustique Patina Bronze embossing powder.






Here are some more close-ups:











Thank you so much for taking a look!




6 comments:

  1. What perfect paper to use having clocks around the edge! Looks so cohesive with the photo! LOVE the colors and those flower clusters, especially how you used the Prills. I might have to lift that idea sometime : ) Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - so beautiful - awesome architectual detail on the Cathedral! Such beauty! Thanks Tracy, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my first scrapbook a few weeks ago and thought I was doing ok until I came across your amazing and very inspiring works of art! Now I am going crazy with trying to learn all these new things and gather more supplies. My most fecent purchase was crochet dies and I love them, but how do you get so many beautiful curves in some of yours? I need you to do video blogs and teach your skills! Gorgeous work!
    Sincerely,
    Shayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shayla! I'm not quite sure what you mean by how do I get so many beautiful curves in my die-cuts. I do layer the die-cuts over a dark copy to create a faux shadow and make the details pop more but I'm not sure if that's what you are referring to. I wish I could do a video blog but I'm not very organized and I get too nervous when I turn on the video camera.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.