Friday 20 October 2017

Evan's New Glasses

My son Evan in 2009 after getting his first pair of glasses


I'm back with my 6th project using the beautiful Scraps of Elegance September Kit, "Falling Leaves".

I used a bit more flowers and leaves from my stash on this one, but the cream roses, two larger brown flowers, the printed chipboard border and all the patterned papers are from the kit and add-ons.



Main Kit

Patterned Paper Add-on

Coordinating Paper Add-on

Elements Add-on

Floral Add-on



I started with the beautiful "Friendship" paper from the Amber and Apricot collection by Blue Fern Studios (included in the Main Kit).  I misted the edges of the paper with water and then dabbed some diluted brown ink from a reinker bottle to the wet edges using a paintbrush.  I also used a splatter stamp with the brown ink to tie in the darker browns from the tinted photo.

Tim Holtz
Bitty Grunge
(I used the stamp on the lower left)






The die-cuts were made with paper from the Main KitPatterned Paper Add-on and Coordinating Paper Add-on.  I layered each of the die-cuts over a dark brown copy and offset them slightly to accentuate the edges.


These are the dies I used:
Spellbinders
Timeless Rectangles
Spellbinders
Floral Assortment



These are the chipboard pieces I used:

Creative Embellishments
Flourish Set 30


I heat-embossed them with Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder and then used an embossing marker with Tea Dye Distress embossing powder to add some colour variation to the leaves.









Here are a couple more close-ups:








Thank you so much for taking a look!






4 comments:

  1. Oh Tracy you've made another gorgeous Fall layout! As always, the design is wonderful and so are the flower clusters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I really appreciate your support! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Hey Tracy! that's pretty! Love the embossing - a great look! Thanks again, Denise

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.