Saturday 23 December 2017

Maureen and Cece

My mother Cecilia with her younger sister Maureen




For this layout I used a piece of 49 and Market paper for the background.


49 and Market
Rusty Autumn - Reminescent


I used another sheet of the same paper to make most of the die-cuts for some subtle layering.  As I usually do, I layered the die-cuts over a black copy and offset them slightly to accentuate the edges and add dimension.  I also inked around the edges of the die-cuts with Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink.



These are the dies and punch I used:


Cheery Lynn Designs
Ambergris Doily
Cheery Lynn Designs
Ambergris Tiny Doily
Tattered Lace
Mini Ruffle Squares
Fiskars
In Stitches
Spellbinders
Thinking of You Scalloped Rectangles
My Favorite Things
Four Corners








This is the chipboard piece I used:

Creative Embellishments
Flourish 30



I embossed the flourish with Milled Lavender Distress Embossing Powder and inked around the edges with Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink.






I also did some stamping on the background with several different stamps using black and grey inks.






The lace flowers and berry clusters were misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray Pink Ladies Pink and Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist.  I dabbed the excess off the lace flowers with paper towel to lift some of the colour and lighten them.






Here are some more close-ups:














Thank you so much for taking a look!




10 comments:

  1. Awe! That's nice, with beautiful pink and green. Adorable sisters! The art work is magnificent! Thanks Tracy. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season Greetings. Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! Happy Holidays to you too.

      Delete
    2. Hi Tracy: Hope you are good?- it's been a long, long time! Denise

      Delete
    3. Just stopping by, thinking of you! Hope you are fine!? Denise

      Delete
    4. Hi Denise. I'm okay. Just been struggling with depression lately and have not been feeling creative at all. Thanks for thinking of me.

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracy - love the combination & arrangements of flowers & die cuts that you used! The inking on the die cuts and chipboard really adds nice shading. Adorable photo scrapped perfectly! Another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I'm Denise that was following Tracy. I always saw your name and now I am replying to you to ask if you know where Tracy has been?? Is she no longer maintaining her Blog? Or, what has happened - it's been many months! I miss her. Thanks, Denise

      Delete
  3. Hello Tracy! happy New Year!! Hope you and your family are good? Haven't heard from your lately, miss your work. Viewed some of your fanciful fairies topiary/habitats. Really beautiful! Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! Happy New Year to you too! I haven't posted in a while because I've been struggling with anxiety and depression. Just not feeling creative lately.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.