Saturday 22 November 2014

Cecilia at 17

(for Tresors de Luxe)

My mother when she was 17

These are the Tresors de Luxe products I used:

Ivory Fabric Flower EM-010
Lace Trim Dusty Rose LA-103
Ivory Beaded Lace Applique AP-057
Rhinestone Trim CR-023
Rhinestone Trim CR-004

I started this layout with a piece of Pion Design paper from their Flower Frames collection then did some stamping in grey and green ink, stencilling with molding paste and applied washes of grey and pink watercolour overtop.




Kaisercraft Texture Stamp- Crackle
Pink Paislee stamp- Butterfly Garden collection - Impressions
Memory Box stencil - Flourish






At this stage I was thinking this paper was destined for the trash, lol, but I stuck with it.

After washing over the pink pencilled areas I went back in with more grey and pink to blend them more subtly which made it look a lot better. I also applied a pink wash inside the frame.


The larger leaves were painted white, coated with white Viva Decor Croco Crackling colour then sprayed heavily with various green and brown mists.  I also inked around the edges with brown ink using a craft nib.  The smaller ones were inked and embossed with Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel in Aged Green.



Dusty Attic chipboard - Leafy Stem #3 Small
Blue Fern chipboard - Organic Vine




I dampened and curled over the edges of the paper and matted it on a punched cream coloured cardstock inked with pink along the edge and a plain dark grey cardstock.

Martha Stewart PATP punch - Eyelet Lace


Here are a couple more close-ups:





Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Tracy this is one of the most gorgeous layouts yet!! WOW! Your Mom is beautiful and all of the wonderful dainty touches really show case her beauty. Such an elegant design. Love what you did with the lace, especially the pieces peeking out - very nice! You do feminine scrapping fantastic! I need to self teach myself how to use watercolor pencils because they are stunning on a layout! I always enjoy your work : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Composed with a beautifully restrained elegance!! The gray and pink are perfect with the wonderful black and white photo! Just the right amount of not too much!! I love seeing your process Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.