Thursday 18 December 2014

The Swing

(for Tresors de Luxe)

My mother (right) with her younger sister in the late 1940's


These are the Tresors de Luxe products I used:

French Lace Trim FR-006
Venice Lace Trim LA-090
Rustic Shabby Chic Flower Embellishment
Crystal Rhinestone Trim CR-026

For this layout I used paper by Riddersholm Design from their Vintage Venture collection.



These are some of the other products I used:



Spellbinders die - Large Deckled Rectangles
Spellbinders die - Small Deckled Rectangles
Spellbinders die - Large Deckled  Mega Rectangles


Spellbinders die - Romantic Rectangles
Spellbinders die - Small Deckled  Mega Rectangles
Spellbinders die - Marvelous Squares


Memory Box die - Quinn Flourish
Martha Stewart PATP punch - Quilted




Here is the layout after I had placed the diecuts and most of the lace. 




I sprayed some of the lace with pink and turquoise mists.  It turned out much too bright so I washed the lace under the tap to get as much of the colour out as possible.  When it was dry I sprayed it lightly with Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist to dull down the colour some more.

The frame around the photo was made with wired thread.  To make the loose ringlets I put the narrow handle of a small paintbrush along the straight wires, wrapped wire around both the paintbrush and straight wires then pulled out the paintbrush handle.

Prima Wired Thread - Dusty



Here are some closeups of the layout:






Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. WOW Tracy! So many wonderful details! I love the design of this LO and the dainty colors. As always, the punch & die work is awesome! The paper is gorgeous! Always such a pleasure reading your details and seeing the close up photos. I love always enjoy viewing your work. Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.