Saturday, 14 March 2015

Bear Hug

My niece, Meghan and son, Colin on Oct. 9, 2005


This layout was inspired by the  Lindy's Stamp Gang, March 2015 Color Challenge.





I started with a white piece of Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper and used molding paste with stencils and grey Archival ink with some stamps to give the paper some pattern and texture.  I then sprayed it with several colours of mist by Lindy's Stamp Gang.


C'est la vie Cerise
South Shore Sand
A Bit o'Bubbly
Salt Water Taffy



The Crafter's Workshop template
 - Believe Script 6"x6"
Memory Box stencil - Splatter
Penny Black stamp - Diamond Pattern
Deep Red Stamps - Fossil Background


Originally, I intended to use this as the background paper but I thought it looked too busy so I made some diecuts with it to use instead.


Spellbinders die - Floral Assortment





For the background paper I chose an older piece in my stash from the One Moment in Time collection by The Scrapcake.




On this paper I did some more stamping and stencilling with molding paste (some of which I mixed with C'est la vie Cerise).




Memory Box stencil - Adornment


I coloured the white lace with the Salt Water Taffy spray.




The large chipboard flourish in the center was painted beige.  I then applied Viva Decor transparent crackle and sprayed it liberally with the South Shore Sand spray.




The smaller chipboard corner piece was coated in thick gesso then sprayed with C'est la vie Cerise and a touch of South Shore Sand.  I also applied grey ink around the edges and dry-brushed some white paint overtop to highlight the texture.



I used a mold to make the teddy bear with Sculpey Ultralight.  I painted it brown and then dry-brushed lighter shades overtop.  I used a dark brown marker to colour the nose and eyes.


Best Flexible Molds - Teddy Bear Picnic

The pink flower centers are charms (from some cheap necklaces I bought on eBay).  I cut the loop off the charms with wire cutters and sanded the rough bits down before gluing them onto the flowers. I placed a small piece of cheesecloth coloured with  Salt Water Taffy spray under the flower centers.



The metal embellishments were painted with Vintaj Patina paints.




I used the marble colour to lighten the verdigris and a tiny bit of the garnet  to dull the verdigris down.









Thanks so much for looking!