|My father around 1932|
I decided to continue experimenting with stencils, molding paste and mists on plain white paper. Again I used Ranger Specialty Stamping paper. I then applied molding paste with the stencils and dripped Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays over the stencilled areas.
These are the stencils I used:
These are the Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays I used:
I misted the paper with water first. I pulled out the spray nozzles and applied light pressure on the nozzle to drip blotches out the bottom of the tube. Note to self - wear rubber gloves next time unless I want stained fingers and nails. I then went back and sprayed areas with water again to make the colours spread out. I also tipped the paper around to make the colours run.
I had painted the chipboard pieces white, applied bronze Viva Decor crackle, dry-brushed them lightly with white paint and cut one of them into 3 pieces for a previous layout but really disliked the way it turned out so decided not to use them. To salvage the chipboard for this layout, I covered the intact piece with heavy white gesso and sprayed it with some of the mists. But I decided I liked the 3 cut pieces the way they were after all so I left them with the bronze finish.
This is the die I used for the frame around the photo:
|Spellbinders - Romantic Rectangles 2|
The "vine" is wired thread with raffia bows by May Arts. I added little white flowers after gluing down the vine.
|May Arts - 5/8" Wired String w/ Mini Raffia Bows - Olive|
Here are some more close-ups: