|Me (in green) and my siblings in 1969|
This was the second in my half a dozen layouts that didn't want to get finished and it was a real struggle. No matter how many details I tried to add, it continued to be boring to me. But it's finally done so I can tuck it away and not have to look at it anymore, lol.
I used Basic Grey papers from their Jovial, Serenade and Picadilly collections.
I stencilled with molding paste tinted with a bit of paint in the corners, then shaded around the edges with brown watercolour paint.
I used the little bits of "confetti" left over from the punched edges and sprinkled them in several patches around the layout, then lightly brushed over them with diluted matte medium to glue them down. The backside of the main background paper was green so I thought these confetti pieces would help tie the green of my dress into the colour scheme.
I made the frame around the photo with a mold and Premo Sculpey clay. Normally I like to use Sculpey Ultralight because of its light weight and because it is so easily conditioned or softened by hand instead of needing a pasta machine but it doesn't work well with thin, delilcate pieces. It stretches very easily when unmolding and putting the mold in the freezer for a bit just tends to make the delicate pieces crack more easily when unmolding them so I prefer to use Premo Sculpey for these pieces. I tried Original Sculpey once but the pieces break easily after they are baked.
The border mold I used is rather short so each side of the frame had to be pieced together, the corners mitered and then glued with Sculpey Bake & Bond before baking. I then painted it black and brushed red, green and golden yellow paint lightly over the top to highlight the details.
As usual, I layered all the die-cuts over a dark copy to accent the edges.
These are the dies and punch I used:
Since the Canadian penny is no longer being made and is being phased out I decided to include a penny that I had from 1969 (the year the photo was taken) in the layout.
Thanks for taking a look!