Friday, 16 June 2017

Climbing

My son, Colin, in 2007




For this layout, I used Maja Design paper from their Enjoying Outdoors collection


Maja Design
Enjoying Outdoors - Tags & Journaling Cards (bs)
Maja Design
Enjoying Outdoors - Autumn Hues
Maja Design
Enjoying Outdoors - Singing in the Rain (bs)
Maja Design
Enjoying Outdoors - Gardening (bs)



I did some stencilling on the background with Faber-Castell whipped spackle.


The Crafter's Workshop
Tile Mania (6x6)






These are the dies I used:


Spellbinders
Romantic Rectangles Two
Spellbinders
Grand Decorative Circles




These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Dusty Attic
Geometric Border

Blue Fern Studios
Charleston Corners
Blue Fern Studios
Organic Vine



For the Geometric Border and Charleston Corner, I tried various things inlcuding embossing them with Distress Embossing Powder but didn't like the way they looked so I painted over them with white paint.  I then rubbed Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord Distress Inks on them and misted them with water.  After that was dry I traced around the edges with a black marker to make them stand out more.









The Organic Vine was painted green and Ranger Crackle Accents was applied.  I then rubbed brown ink over them to accentuate the cracks and wiped the excess off.  I also rubbed a little white and purple paint on them with my fingertip and added a touch of black ink around some of the edges.






The flowers are by Petaloo and Prima and the berries are by Blue Fern Studios.







Thank you so much for taking a look!




Sunday, 11 June 2017

Helga and Her Boys

My paternal grandmother and her four sons (my father is standing at the back on the right)



For this layout I used papers from Prima's Salvage District collections.






I ripped some corrugated paper, inked the edges, sprayed it lightly with some Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist and tucked it underneath the ripped edge of the paper to add some texture.







These are the dies I used:


Spellbinders
Floral Assortment
Tattered Lace
Ornate Leaves




The clay piece under the photo was made with Sculpey Ultra Light and a mold.  I sealed it twith matte medium, brushed it with Prima's Parthenay and Antoinette Pink Artisan Powders and sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Whale Watch Blue.


Prima Iron Orchid Designs
Baroque 4






The chipboard pieces on the upper left and lower right corners were painted brown.  I applied Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint, let it dry and brushed them with the Parthenay Artisan Powder, wiping off the excess.


Dusty Attic
Art Deco Frame Set







Most of the flowers are from Prima's Salvage District collection.






Thank you so much for taking a look!





Sunday, 4 June 2017

Thorstein

My Icelandic Great-Great-Grandfather, Thorstein




For this layout I used Blue Fern Studios papers for the background and some of the die-cuts.


Blue Fern Studios
Chesterville - Keswick
Blue Fern Studios
Chesterville - George



These are the dies and punch I used:


Cheery Lynn Designs
Deutschland Boutique Stacker A2 Frame
Spellbinders
Romantic Rectangles Two
Spellbinders
Floral Assortment
Prima
Forest Leaves

Martha Stewart
Cherish



This is what the layout looked like before applying the clocks and flowers.




These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Blue Fern Studios
Roman Clock Set - Small
Blue Fern Studios
Tattered Diamond Bits

Blue Fern Studios
Notebook Edges


I coated the Roman Clocks with Viva Decor primer (Haft Grund) and applied white Viva Decor Crackle paint.  I then rubbed them with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and applied Viva Decor Ferro Metal Effect Textured Paint (Irongold) unevenly over the surface.






I painted the Tattered Diamond Bits white and then heat-embossed them with Antique Linen Distress Embossing Powder.






The notebook edges were also painted white and them sponged with tiny bits of beige, brown, yellow and more white paint overtop to blend them together and creat a subtle worn effect.





Thank you so much for taking a look!






Saturday, 27 May 2017

Elizabeth and John's Engagement

My maternal grandparents' engagement photo taken around 1917



For this layout I used Blue Fern Studios papers for the background and some of the die-cuts.


BFS Sanctuary - Bountiful
BFS Serendipity - Anticipation

BFS Serendipity - Imagination



These are the dies I used:


Spellbinders
Captivating Squares
Cheery Lynn Designs
Japanese Garden Lace Oval
Spellbinders
Timeless Rectangles
Prima
Parisian Lace
Tattered Lace
Ferns
Cheery Lynn Designs
Flourish #13


As usual I layered all the die-cuts over a darker version and offset them slightly to accentuate the edges.




This is the chipboard piece I used:


Dusty Attic - Fancy Trim #7

I painted it white and embossed it with Weathered Wood Distress Embossing Powder.







The lace pieces are from an Etsy store called Tresors de Luxe


GL-019
GL-158










The brown border at the top right and lower left of the photo was an old transparency frame I had in my stash.  It was too small to fit around the photo so I cut it diagonally and covered the gaps with strategically placed flowers and die-cuts.








The flowers are a mixture of Prima and Little Birdie Crafts.










Thank you so much for taking a look!