Wednesday 26 April 2017

Sugar and Spice

My mother in the 1940's



This photo of my mother smiling shyly with a ribbon in her hair made me think of  "Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of", hence the title of this layout.





I used papers and flowers from Prima's Royal Menagerie collection.


Queen for the Day
Saltwater
Flutterby
Elizabeth
Helena
Victoria




I edged the petals of some of the flowers with paint to give them more definition.







I did some stencilling with molding paste on the background.  While the paste was still wet, I heat-embossed the dandelion heads with Wow embossing powder in opaque bright white to make them stand out more.


DecoArt Stencil - Dandelion







These are the dies and punch I used:


Cheery Lynn Designs
Polynesian Sails Oval
Spellbinders
Romantic Rectangles
Cheery Lynn Designs
Spring Flower Burst Doily
Spellbinders
A2 Floral Ribbon Threader
Cheery Lynn Designs
Flourish #13
Martha Stewart punch
Eyelet Lace









I embossed the chipboard border under the photo with Stampendous Frantage Embossing enamel in Shabby White.


Dusty Attic
Fancy Trim #4







Thank you so much for taking a look!




2 comments:

  1. This one is SWEET, Tracy! I really can imagine the difference in the flowers had you not edged them with paint - great idea! And brightening up the beautiful dandelion stencil makes this layout "shine". Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.