Friday, 21 July 2017

Unknown Ancestors



The photo I used in this layout was among some old family photographs but had no names written on the back. I think it might be my great-great grandparents with two of their younger daughters because I notice a resemblance to my great-grandfather.


For this layout I used a variety of old papers from my stash.  The background paper was from Prima's Lucid collection and some of the die-cuts were cut from Lilac House papers by Fancy Pants Designs.



These are the punches and dies I used:
Martha Stewart Punch
Wild Flowers
Martha Stewart Punch
Cherish
Spellbinders
Decorative Labels Eight
Cheery Lynn Designs
Canadian Kaleidoscope Tiny Doily




These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Dusty Attic
Ornate Corner #11
Dusty Attic
Corner Flourish #1
2Crafty
Parisian Border



I painted the Parisian Border and Ornate Corner dark brown and then dabbed on Prima Finnabair Patina Pastes sparingly with a brush.  I also rubbed a hint of white paint overtop with my fingertip.








I painted the Corner Flourish white and then applied Renaissance Viva Decor Crackle paint.






The clay piece below the photo was made with a mold and Sculpey Ultra Light.  I applied Prima Finnabair Patina Pastes thickly with a brush and then rubbed over the raised areas with Vintage Silk Opal Magic wax using my finger.

Prima - Iron Orchid Designs
Trifles






Thank you so much for taking a look!




4 comments:

  1. WOW, what a beautiful, unique design! Love the peach & soft blue tones together. The punched pieces are fabulous and I really love how you placed the rectangle piece under the photo to perfectly match up with the design on the main layout paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very impressive design and techniques. Lovely colours and pattern combinations.

    ReplyDelete