Wednesday 12 July 2017

Waiting for the Bus

My sister Lori in 1960



I'm so excited to present this second layout that I created for Blue Fern Studios as their "Fan of the Month" for July. It features a photo of my sister Lori in 1960 when she was two years old.


I used papers from Blue Fern Studios' Garden Life and Happy Accident collections.  I used Wallflowers for the background, Merriment for the doily die-cuts and Lucky (both back and front) for the Floral Assortment die cuts and the leaves.

Blue Fern Studios
Garden Life - Wallflowers
Blue Fern Studios
Garden Life - Merriment

Blue Fern Studios
Happy Accident - Lucky


On the Wallflowers paper that I used for the background I did some stencilling around the edges with molding paste.  While the paste was still wet, I sprinkled it with Baby Pink Imagine Ink embossing powder and heat set it.


Prima
Floral Petites









These are the dies I used:


Cheery Lynn Designs
Flower Burst Doily
Spellbinders
Floral Assortment
Cheery Lynn Designs
Flourish #13




This is the chipboard piece I used:

Blue Fern Studios
Spirit of Heartland


I painted the Spirit of Heartland piece blue then applied watery white paint overtop with a sponge stippler.  I used an embossing marker to ink the flower parts and heat embossed them with the Baby Pink Imagine Ink embossing powder





I also used a piece of Blue Fern Studios printed chipboard (one of the corner pieces)







These are the Blue Fern Studios flowers I used:

Blue Fern Studios
Garden Blooms
(I used the yellow and pink ones)





Thank you so much for taking a look!

I'll be back next Wednesday with another layout for Blue Fern Studios!




4 comments:

  1. This one is sooooo pretty, adorable & well designed! Love the way you used BFS products - one of my faves is how you used the chipboard corner! NICE! This is so 'out of the box' for you with these colors, but it sure came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.