Thursday, 10 August 2017

Ron

Last year on my stepfather's birthday, his son David posted this picture of his dad on Facebook.  I couldn't resist saving the photo to make a scrapbook page.

My stepfather when he was a young boy


For this layout I used 7 Dots Studio paper from their Dreamscapes collection.


7 Dots Studio
Dreamscapes - 9mm
7 Dots Studio
Dreamscapes - Sunrise
7 Dots Studio
Dreamscapes - Narwhal



These are the dies I used:

Spellbinders
Astoria Decorative Elements
Cheery Lynn Designs
Carnivale Border


These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Dusty Attic
Scroll #8
Dusty Attic
Music

Blue Fern Studios
Mixed Chains



I sealed the scrolls with clear gesso and applied Picket Fence Distress Crackle paint.  I then inked around the edges with brown ink.






I heat-embossed the Mixed Chains piece with Antique Linen Distress Embossing Powder.






The music chipboard was heat-embossed with Aged Black Stampendous Embossing Enamel.





Thank you so much for taking a look!




6 comments:

  1. Love his outfit and how his hat is angled. The music score chipboard was perfect for the photo! Very nice layout Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layering and design. Like the embossing on the music piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Tracy. What a cool photo - love the hat. You did a great job of pairing this photo with the paper selection and I really like the embossing you did on the music piece from Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete