Monday 28 August 2017

Tired Boys

My boys in 2010



For this layout, I used a piece of Blue Fern Studios paper from their Wanderlust collection.


Blue Fern Studios
Wanderlust - Lakeside



These are the chipboard pieces I used:

Creative Embellishments
Celtic Border 3

Creative Embellishments
Leafy Corner Flourish Set




I lightly brushed some white paint over the Celtic Border piece with my fingertip.






I embossed the Leafy Corners with Verdigris Ranger Antiquities embossing powder but didn't like how it looked with the flowers so I embossed it again with Pumice Stone Distress Embossing Powder. Some of the verdigris colour showed through giving an overall effect of pale green which I liked.  I inked around the edges with Dark Brown Colorbox Chalk Ink.






The clay pieces were made with molds and Sculpey Ultra Light.  I painted them with Prima Finnabair Stone Effect Paste in the pumice colour and sprayed the dried pieces with Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist. I then rubbed white paint over the raised areas with my fingertip to bring out the details.


Prima Iron Orchid Designs
Baroque 3
Prima Iron Orchid Designs
Medallions




I also painted some loose weave burlap with watery white paint and tucked it under the bottom of the photo.





The flowers were a mixture of different brands including Petaloo, Little Birdie Crafts, 49 and Market, Wild Orchid Crafts and Prima.






Thank you so much for taking a look!




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the Creative Embellishments chipboard! I love the color that emerged from your 'happy accident' on the leaf chipboard! WOW! Very very nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! I'm going to have to go hunt down that fantastic Celtic boarder, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.