Sunday 14 October 2018

Cece and Maureen

My mother, Cecilia and her younger sister, Maureen



For this layout I used a piece of Blue Fern Studios paper for the background.

Blue Fern Studios
Remnants - Westfield (I used the back side)


I applied some green watercolour to the background, punched the edges and added some eyelets.

As usual, I layered the die-cuts over a black copy and offset them slightly to accentuate the edges.

These are the dies and punches I used:


Fiskars
In Stitches
Martha Stewart
PATP Modern Garland
Cheery Lynn Designs
Square Frames Set
Cheery Lynn Designs
Horizon Circles



These are the chipboard pieces I used:


Creative Embellishments
Floral Lace Border

Creative Embellishments
Flourish Set 26


Creative Embellishments
Seagrass




I painted the Floral Lace Border orange, inked around the edges in brown and lightly rubbed some yellow paint over the top to make the colour match the flowers more closely and to add dimension.






I tried a couple of different embossing powders on the Flourish Set but the colour wasn't right for the layout so I rubbed them with Prima Metallique Wax in Rich Copper.  I also rubbed some of the wax on the flowers and buttons.






The Seagrass piece was painted green.  I then applied a brown wash over the bottom section and yellow at the tips of the blades to add dimension.






I added bits of natural-coloured reindeer moss and some Prills to the flower clusters.









I made the circular resin piece with some pressed flowers.





Thank you so much for taking a look!





4 comments:

  1. Real Nice!!So glad to see you back! Love it! Thanks Tracy - Denise:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! I sent you a message via Google Hangouts with my email if you want to contact me.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.